Whether you dream of writing a book for children or young adults, or you want to take a finished manuscript to the next level, it always helps to get a fresh point of view. Try a little Second Sight.
In this collection of talks, a professional editor offers insights from the other side of the publishing desk on a wide range of writerly topics:
* Terrific first lines and how they got that way
* What makes a strong picture book manuscript
* Why the Harry Potter series was such a tremendous success
* Finding the emotional heart of your story
* Worksheets and checklists for building characters and bolstering plot
* The Annotated Query Letter from Hell
* And an Annotated Query Letter That Does It Right
With its wit, intelligence, and practical tools for analyzing and revising your work, Second Sight will be a first resource for writers of children’s and young adult fiction.
This book has not been endorsed or approved by J. K. Rowling or any of her publishers or representatives, and all thoughts expressed here on all matters, including the Harry Potter series, are solely Cheryl B. Klein’s own, and should not be taken as the official opinions, intentions, or interpretations of any of the writers or publishers mentioned.
Latest posts by Nanci Arvizu, Writing and Reviews Editor (see all)
- Top 5 Reasons to Use Social Media in Your Business - December 21, 2016
- How to Write A Professional Bio For Your Social Media Profiles - December 21, 2016
- Top 5 Social Media Management Apps And Tools - December 16, 2016