This workbook will develop all the language skills that students in Florida need and prepare students for the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). It includes revising and editing exercises that require students to apply language skills, as well as quizzes that focus on the language skills that Florida students are expected to have.
It has been specifically created to match the new Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS) and the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) introduced in the 2014-2015 school year.
Section 1: Revising and Editing Quizzes
– 20 individual quizzes test editing and revising skills
– Allows students to apply language skills in context
– Prepares students for the language and editing tasks on the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
Section 2: Language, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes
– Individual quizzes allow students to focus specifically on each language skill
– Covers both the language skills and the reading foundational skills described in the Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS)
– Covers all areas including phonics, word analysis, writing conventions, grammar, and vocabulary
– Develops the vocabulary skills assessed as part of reading comprehension tasks
Preparing for the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
In 2014-2015, Florida introduced new state tests to replace the FCAT 2.0 assessments. These are the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA).
Language and vocabulary skills are assessed on the test in two ways. The test includes language and editing tasks where students read short passages and identify errors or opportunities for improvement. These tasks make up between 15 and 25 percent of the questions. Language and vocabulary skills are also assessed as part of the reading comprehension tasks, with some of the questions following passages covering language and vocabulary use.
This book will prepare students for both types of questions, as well as ensure that students have the specific language skills that are assessed.
Latest posts by Nanci Arvizu, Writing and Reviews Editor (see all)
- Top 5 Reasons to Use Social Media in Your Business - December 21, 2016
- How to Write A Professional Bio For Your Social Media Profiles - December 21, 2016
- Top 5 Social Media Management Apps And Tools - December 16, 2016